From: Friday September 17, 2021, 10:00 am
To: Friday September 17, 2021, 3:00 pm
The Chemistry of Watercolour - Workshop Artist Wyn Vogel
Curator of The Australian Watercolour Muster - 2021 and Artist - Wyn Vogel will explore the 'Spirit of the Landscape' inspired by our North Queensland Colours, Shapes and Textures.
Wyn will introduce you to the amazing vivid - yet transparent Daler Rowney Aquafine Pigment Inks, as well as letting the chemistry of the watercolour pigments from more traditional tubes of paint work and flow across your paper - we will be using large brushes and lots of water!
Fish Lane Studios - will bring the Aquafine Inks for you to try during this Workshop - Raw Sienna - Cadmium Yellow Deep Hue - Phthalo Blue - Ultramarine Blue Dark and Quinacridone Magenta!
Materials to Bring With You:
- 1 full sheet of watercolour paper – cold press 300gsm or a pad of paper of similar weight.
- Paint Colours – Ultramarine Blue – Phthalo Blue – Raw Sienna – Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold – Alizarin Crimson and Cadmium Yellow
- Black Waterproof Ink
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper - this needs only to be an old style school nib pushed into a holder - don't buy and expensive calligraphy pen .... no need!!
Brushes – at least those below – but please bring whatever you have in your kit don't race out and buy new ones necessarily!
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush (goat hair) – for dry work
- 1 x long hair brush (a rigger or squirrel style brush) for detailed line work and layering of your colours - NEEF Squirrel - 4400 No 10
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Sorry: Event is Fully Booked
The Old Court House Gallery
38 Abbott Street, Cairns City QLD
Share this with your friends